Saturday, March 31, 2007

Osprey Pair, Washington Monument, Airplane taking off - (from) South of Reagan National Airport (DCA)

So, I've been hitting some of my old spots lately. It can be frustrating because I haven't been interested in this stuff for long, just over a year, and a bunch of trips have been pretty fruitless. Spots that weren't working much when I've been over the past couple of months include:
Great Falls MD
Centennial Lake MD
Rocky Gorge MD (Scott's Cove)
Brighton Dam MD
Greenbelt Lake MD...

Lucky for me though, today I hit Mason Neck State Park in Virgina, Great Marsh VA, Gunstan Hall (George Mason's Plantation) (it was sort of a let down for the 7$), then the Washington Boat Club / Indigo Landing and here I found the Osprey had returned. I saw two active nests and possibly 5 Osprey so there's probably another nest I didn't see.

Osprey Pair, Washington Monument, Airplane taking off - (from) South of Reagan National Airport (DCA)

Here's a very similar shot from last year that includes some young from this same nest.

No comments: